Cook fast, easy meals with Pasta Pronto.
Dreamfields Pasta Pronto is designed for the busy cook who enjoys experimenting in the kitchen and creating delicious meals without the need for recipes. By keeping a well-stocked kitchen, tasty and healthful pasta meals can be assembled in little more than the time it takes to cook the pasta.
Save time by stocking up and planning ahead.
By keeping your cupboards, refrigerator and freezer stocked with ingredients that pair well with pasta, delicious dishes can be made pronto! Don’t forget leftovers such as cooked meats, fish and poultry, vegetables and sauces... they make great pasta partners, too.
STEP 1: Stock Up: Organize your kitchen with ingredients that can help you create quick and easy pasta dishes. Our sample ingredient lists below will help get you started.
STEP 2: Pasta Perfect: Learn how to cook pasta perfectly. Read Pasta Perfection - Cook Pasta Perfectly the First Time to find a serving size chart and tips guaranteed to make you a pasta expert.
STEP 3: Get Creative: Combine what you have on hand to create delicious side dishes, main dishes or pasta salads. Check out our blog post No-Recipe Recipes for some more inspiration.
- Plenty of Dreamfields Pasta, 7 assorted varieties
- Onions (yellow and/or Red)
Jars & Cans
- Alfredo sauce (reduced-fat)
- Artichoke hearts (plain, marinated)
- Beans (cannellini, Great Northern, black beans, red kidney, garbanzo beans)
- Bean sprouts
- Chicken broth, reduced-fat and sodium
- Salsa (chunky)
- Green chilies (diced)
- Mandarin oranges
- Marinara sauce (assorted varieties, reduced-fat and/or sodium)
- Olive oil, extra virgin
- Olives, pitted (black, green, Kalamata)
- Pesto (basil, tomato)
- Roasted red and yellow bell peppers
- Salad dressings (reduced fat balsamic vinaigrette, cranberry balsamic vinaigrette, raspberry, Italian, sesame-ginger, ranch)
- Thai peanut sauce
- Tomatoes, Sun Dried
- Tuna (water-packed), salmon, anchovies
- Vinegars (balsamic, red or white wine, rice, sherry)
- Water chestnuts
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Curry powder
- Dry roasted peanuts, lower salt
- Pine nuts
Note: All items except dried herbs, spices, salt, olive oil, vinegars, dried fruits, sun-dried tomatoes (unless packed in oil), peanuts, garlic, onion & pasta need to be refrigerated after opening. Nuts can be frozen for longer storage.
- Apples, assorted
- Bell peppers
- Cheese (see types below *)
- Fresh herbs (basil, parsley, rosemary)
- Green onions
- Pasta sauces
- Salad greens (romaine, radicchio)
- Smoked meats and fish: salmon, prosciutto/ham
* Types of Cheese include: fresh mozzarella, part-skim/low-moisture mozzarella, reduced-fat Monterey jack, reduced-fat feta, reduced-fat blue, reduced-fat cheddar, reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend, wedge of parmesan for grating, queso fresco.
- Artichoke hearts
- Broccoli, chopped
- Cooked chicken strips
- Cooked or raw shrimp
- Diced cooked chicken
- Green beans
- Green peas
- Ground beef 90% lean
- Ground turkey or chicken breast
- Italian-style vegetables
- Nuts (almonds, pine nuts, walnuts)
Spinach (chopped or leaf)