8 ounces uncooked Dreamfields Linguine (Note: Two ounces of uncooked linguine is equal to a 1/2-inch circle of linguine.)
2 cups milk, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cinnamon or vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream
Shaved white chocolate, diced mango and strawberries (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch, stirring until smooth and cornstarch is dissolved.
- In large saucepan, stir together remaining 1-3/4 cups milk, cocoa, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Place over medium-high heat; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in cornstarch-milk mixture; stir constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and continue stirring.
- Place pasta in large bowl; add chocolate sauce, reserving about 1/3 cup. Toss pasta and sauce, coating pasta completely.
- Divide pasta among 4 to 6 individual serving dishes. Drizzle with reserved sauce. Serve with frozen yogurt. Garnish with shaved white chocolate, diced mango and strawberries, if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Nutrition information (1/4 of recipe): 317 calories; 12 g protein; 63 g carbohydrates; 4 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 10 mg cholesterol; 63 mg sodium; 7 g total dietary fiber.
Looking for a low carb online store to purchase your Dreamfields? Visit Carb Smart