Dreamfields can help make your pasta dinner healthy! With 5 grams of fiber, our pasta helps you feel full longer and provides a steady source of energy. Dreamfields allows you to enjoy the same great taste and al dente texture of traditional pasta and about the same high fiber as whole wheat pasta.
Fresh herbs and spices are a great way to add a bit more “oomph” to any dish, especially pasta. For this month's recipe, a small pile of garlic cloves works its magic as it infuses itself into the pasta and almost any combination of veggies you like most: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or onions.Whatever you choose will make this recipe great.
To kick it up another notch, toss your pasta with our one of a kind Parsley-Rosemary Pesto. Crisp walnuts and aged Parmesan cheese help take this dish to a whole new level of home-cooked cuisine. Best of all? The pesto takes 15 minutes to create, but your family and friends will think you spent all day getting it just right. Of course you can use your own pesto recipe, but give this one a taste, too!
Roasted Vegetables with Rotini
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 box Dreamfields Rotini
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
8 cups vegetables (see note)
8 large cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
1 pound fully-cooked chicken sausage, each cut in half crosswise on the diagonal
Parsley-Rosemary Pesto (see recipe below)
- Line large rimmed baking pan (17x12x1-inch) with aluminum foil. Brush lightly with olive oil (about 2 teaspoons).
- Place 8 cups vegetables (any combination) plus garlic cloves in large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Place vegetables (except broccoli and cauliflower, if using) and garlic cloves in single layer in baking pan. Roast in 425°F oven 15 minutes.
- Stir vegetables. Add sausage, broccoli and cauliflower, if using. Continue roasting 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan; toss with pesto. Add vegetables and sausage. Transfer to platter.
Makes 8 servings.
Note: Choose 8 cups of any combination of vegetables: fennel bulbs, cut into quarters; parsnips, cut into 2-inch lengths; carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths; medium onions, quartered; broccoli florets; cauliflower florets; sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
1 cup packed Italian parsley
1/3 cup packed fresh rosemary, stems removed
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup walnuts
1 ounce chunk Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup shredded)
1/3 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients except oil and salt in bowl of food processor. Pulse until well combined. With processor running, add oil in slow, steady stream until well combined. Add salt as desired.
Makes about 2/3 cup.
Note: If desired, substitute 2/3 cup favorite prepared pesto.